Friday, January 13, 2017

The Handyman Special

Around our nuclear plants we've got these horrible block walls that we called the handyman specials (hs).  They were put up as steam separators without a thought for earthquakes.  And then they attached important pipes and cables to them.  All the electrical systems are the same.  That's why I give horrible scenarios for any earthquake near Toronto that's over 20 cm/s PGV.  We don't get any feedback from the regulators on this because they don't have a clue.  Anyway, I've said it's only a chest x-ray, so relax.  :)

The Niagara Tunnel was a true hs because it was 2 billion down the hole with nothing to show for it.  There is no thought on the Bruce thing, and wait until the bills come in for Darlington!

But the video shows my two fav. hs's, ones I look at in fun, without blowing the veins in my head.  These are costing the City and Province millions, which is chickenfeed.  :)  Where is our trompopulus tweeting about this?  I like the dog park, it's a wonderful project.  I hope my dog likes it.


No comments: